The Eagle & Badge Foundation is an IRS-recognized 501(c) (3) nonprofit, charitable organization that provides benefits and scholarships to Los Angeles Police Officers and their family members along with children and families in the communities they serve.
The Eagle & Badge community involvement program is based on the philosophy of operating and giving back locally. In our experience, we can do the most good by supporting issues and causes that are important to LAPD officers and their families. We rely on LAPD officers to know which organizations are the most critical to their communities, and encourage them to recommend and refer potential donation recipients and to help the Board of Directors determine how Foundation dollars will be spent.
Funds are designated to the following:
- Police officers and their families in time of catastrophic need, primarily in the Greater Los Angeles community but occasionally in other geographic areas;
- Children and families with critical need in the areas served by LAPD;
- Police based and other charitable organizations providing services for children and families in the areas served by LAPD and beyond; and
- Scholarships for family members of LAPD officers as well as children in the communities served by Los Angeles police officers;
- If you or your organization fall into these categories, please submit a Request for Funds. If you have additional questions, please call the E&B office.
How to Submit a Request for Funds
Download a Request for Funds application form. Please complete all areas of the form and mail or fax to our office with the appropriate attachments as requested on the form, i.e., brochures, fact sheets, details on how the funds will be used, and other pertinent information to assist us in determining your eligibility for funding.
Once the Eagle & Badge Foundation receives your request, it will be reviewed by the administrator and if additional information is required, you will be contacted. If no additional information is required, the Request will be submitted to the Board of Directors for review at the next regularly-scheduled board meeting (approximately every four to six weeks). You will be notified of their decision, whether approved or denied, within a few days of that meeting.